Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Still?

So, the Colorado Rockies are going to the World Series. They are playing some excellent baseball and I am starting to get concerned because, while I understand what they have just accomplished, and how well they are playing, I still have no desire to watch any of the games.

From what I can tell, the Cleveland-Boston series is also a good one and again, I still have no desire to watch. At first I knew I just needed some time away after the Mets took so much out of me down the last stretch of the season, now I am not sure what the problem is.

I had hoped the passion would have returned. I had hoped I would be able to put the Mets colossal collapse behind me, but so far, nothing. It is just a stupid game. Maybe, however, that is why I have not been able to get into these series. Taking the approach that it is just a game, makes them less meaningful.

It is hard to believe they pay players so much money for playing a stupid game and a good portion of that is passed on to us in ticket prices and other merchandise. We want winners but we object to when our team spends a lot to accomplish that. Of course, if you look at many of the teams there right now, they have not done it with a large payroll. Perhaps there is a lesson in there for the New York Mets.

No comments: