Monday, March 31, 2008

Let's Go Mets!!!

Another couple of hours and the baseball season begins anew. Like the Mets (supposedly), I am eager and anxious for the start of the season. I believe these guys have something to prove (at least they should) and they should be playing with a chip on their shoulders. Hopefully they will get off to a fast start and, unlike last year, not blow it.

I do have this nightmare of Ruben Gotay doing the Mets in. The Mets are playing the Braves either the last road series of the season or the penultimate home stand, and Gotay comes up late in the game as a pinch hitter and gets a crucial hit. The hit scores a couple of runs and the Mets start spiraling downward and do not finish in first.

Yes, I am a Gotay fan. Yes, I do not like the fact he is no longer in the Mets system. Yes, I feel it is salt in the wounds that Atlanta ended up with him and yes, I do thing they deliberately took him for that reason.

Still, this is just the nightmare scenario and probably comes from being a Met fan for so long. I, honestly believe the Mets are the team to beat in the NL East and actually in the National League. So, Let’s get the Met’s season underway.

Let’s Go Mets!

No comments: