Thursday, May 28, 2009

Another Homerun Is Reviewed

So, the Mets sealed the deal and swept the Nationals. Certainly I am pleased about that. Santana clearly did not have his best stuff but I am not concerned about Johan. Truth is, he is known for being a slow starter. This year, he got a quick start out of the gate and now is slowing down a little. I have no doubt that soon he will kick it up a notch.

Daniel Murphy had one of those games that we all knew he was capable of having but just haven’t seemed to occur. Yesterday, he was on his game and looked good.

By the way, while I won’t complain, I don’t think, based on the replay, that Murphy’s ball was a homerun. More importantly, I don’t think the umpires are handling this well. That was one I would not have even reviewed. It is slowing down the game and personally, I think, taking excitement away from the game. Moreover, it does not appear as though the umps are following the procedures, especially with the Murphy homerun, that they are supposed to use.

Of course, I was not impressed with the umpiring in this series anyway. All one has to do is look at the night before when the umpire issued a warning to both sides after the National’s pitcher threw at the Mets. After the warning, both sides hit opposing players and nothing happened. Why issue the warning then?

In terms of yesterday’s game, I have been critical about the Mets not being able to finish off a series but last night, they did.

Let’s Go Mets!

No comments: