Monday, May 25, 2009

The Real Tim Redding?

Certainly I am not going to complain about a five and five road trip, especially considering the cities the Mets visited. Certainly, I am not going to complain about a five and five road trip considering those who were out of commission when the Mets started the road trip. Most especially, I am not going to complain considering all of the people who needed to be rested and were unavailable, if not on the DL, during the road trip.

Still, there were two things I found troubling about yesterday’s game. Every time the Mets have a chance to put a team away, to sweep a series, they seem unable to seal the deal. The fact that they lost yesterday is minor. The fact they lost another game when a win would have given them a series sweep, is getting annoying.

The second aspect is Tim Redding. I understand why the Mets picked him up. Still, if you look at this well traveled veteran, he does not put up good numbers. Credit to Redding where credit is due, that first game he pitched with the Mets, he looked masterful. While he may not have come away with a win, he pitched very well. Yesterday was an entirely different story and I have a feeling that this is the Redding we are going to continue to see. I hope I am wrong but, based on Redding’s history, I don’t think I am.

Well, hopefully, with a three game set against the Nationals, we can get the home stand off to a quick stand (and maybe even sweep the series).

Let’s Go Mets!

No comments: