Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Better, But Not Great!

I admit, I am very impressed with the way Moises Alou is playing. He is a great ball player and if he keeps himself injury free, he is arguably the best hitter on the Mets. I am glad the Mets have won the first two in Pittsburgh, and three in a row. Still, I feel that something is lacking.

The last two victories are on the road and I think most Met fans, myself included, want to see the Mets play well at home. Also, considering it is the Pirates, the Mets should be able to do better. The pitching lets the opposition back in the game and the Mets do not seem to put it away until late in the game.

Yesterday, for most of the game, the Mets were behind or tied. In the end they did win, but they did not do it in the most convincing of fashions. Today, they scored early and late but not in between and the bullpen tried to give away the lead.

Met announcers stated that in the end all that matters is who won the game. I hear that and understand that philosophy but I do not completely agree with it. The fact is that by winning in convincing fashion, a team can build momentum and the Mets need some momentum. The victories have not been convincing and I question if the Mets are getting any momentum for when the Mets move on to the better teams.

The other side of this, however, is with the last three wins, the Mets now have the best record in the National League. I actually think that shows how weak the National League is overall, but perhaps this will give the Mets the momentum and the fact that the games have been closer than they should have been won’t matter.

Well, I am feeling better, well enough to finish this post with…

Let’s Go Mets!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).