Sunday, August 26, 2007

Clicking On All Cylinders

I have watched very little baseball this weekend as there have been other things happening in my life. That is fine, but I have been keeping up with how the Mets are doing and it is great that they have taken the first two games from the Dodgers. Orlando Hernandez looked really good yesterday and Carlos Delgado finally came through. If Delgado gets on a roll right now, it would be fantastic. To see Delgado, Wright, Alou and Beltran all hot at the same time would be amazing.

Taking a look at the newspaper, I see for the first time this year the Mets have opened up more than a five game lead as they are now up by seven against both the Phillies and the Braves. More importantly, over the last ten games, the Mets have done the best out of any team in the NL east. I believe they are seven and three and all other teams in the NL east are under .500 for the past ten games.

Taking a further look, it appears as though there are only two other teams in the entire NL who have a better record than the Mets over the past ten games and ironically they are the lowly Pittsburgh Pirates (in the Central) and the last place San Francisco Giants (in the West). It appears as though the Mets have gotten on that roll I have been waiting for.

I still have some concerns, most noticeably the pitching (starting and relief). I am a little concerned about Wagner, but hopefully he knows himself better than anyone else and he just needs a short break. Still, right now things seem to be going well on all cylinders and I am excited about watching this team play. Even when they lose, you get the feeling they are still in the game. I look forward to tonight’s game.

Let’s Go Mets!

No comments: