Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Hat Is Staying In Place

Three cheers for Ron Darling! I missed most of tonight’s Met game (and I am kind of glad). I did turn the game on for a few minutes to get a score and saw Brian Lawrence drive in a run and take second on poor outfield play. I believe that run game the Mets a 5-0 lead and I was feeling pretty good.

After that, I had to do some work on the computer but periodically checked via the computer, how the Mets were doing. While Pittsburgh had scored some runs, it appeared as though the Mets were adding a few of their own runs and keeping a decent size lead.

For most of the evening, however, I was away from the computer and the television. I turned the game on to catch the recap. It did not sound pretty, AT ALL! Still the Mets were praising the Pirates and saying you just have to tip your cap to them.

Fortunately Ron Darling came along and set the record straight. He explained this was not one where the Pirates took it from the Mets and you need to tip your hat, no, it was one where the Mets gave it to the Pirates.

That was what I had gathered from the recap, and I was so pleased to hear a Met announcer say it. I do not know what the Met players will do, or even what other fans will do, but as for me… … MY HAT IS STAYING ON MY HEAD!! I am not tipping it to the Pirates.
The Mets did take two of three from the Pirates but they clearly should have had tonight’s game and even the wins did not exactly boost my confidence in this team.

Hopefully that will start to change tomorrow with the Nationals’ series.

Let’s Go Mets!!

No comments: