Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another Met Loss

I did not see any of yesterday’s game. In fact, I went to the web to find out the start of yesterday’s game only to find out that the Mets had already lost. Despite not having seen any of the game, I still have an opinion of what happened (that should not surprise you). From what I read, it sounded as though yesterday was almost a repeat of the night before.

Once again it appeared that the Mets were able to keep it close for a while. Once again it appeared as thought the bullpen let the game get out of hand in the eighth inning. Once again, the Mets came away with a loss. The big difference, now instead of having lost two in a row, they have lost three in a row.

I hope that Mets can stop this mini-slide. Certainly one has to feel comfortable with Johan on the mound tonight. He has to be seen as the pitcher who can stop any losing streak. I certainly think he can although he does already have two losses to go with his two wins. And, if the Mets offense does not come alive, at some point Santana will probably be lifted for a pinch-hitter. I can honestly see Johan going seven scoreless innings and the Mets losing the game.

I hope I am wrong. I hope the Mets turn it on and put the Nationals in their place. Still, I have my doubts.

Let’s Go Mets!

No comments: