Friday, April 11, 2008

Thoughts On Willie

The season is a little over a week old. We have had the opportunity to watch Willie Randolph manage this year’s team. I realize it is way too early to call for a manager’s head. I am not doing that nor am I suggesting he cannot manage this team. I am curious, however, based on the collapse last year, do we feel Willie learned anything from the pitiful results last year?

I am inclined to say ‘No’. It appears to me that he is making, in the very early part of this season, the same mistakes he made last season. I realize it is a different team and I will even grant the fact that not only does he know the players better than I, he knows the game of baseball better than I. Still, I do wonder about his managerial skills. Does he need some kind of training management? Is it more instinct than training? I am not sure. I just hope that he does what needs to be done to get this team into the post season.

No comments: