Monday, April 21, 2008

A Key Game Tonight

Just like I had feared, yesterday I blogged about the Mets winning streak and later that day it came to an end at five. Rather than discussing the way that game went, I want to focus on the importance of tonight’s game.

My impression is two years ago, when a Met winning streak came to an end, they were good at starting a new winning streak almost every time. Last year, it seemed that every winning streak was followed by a losing streak. It probably was not really that way but that was the way it felt, it is my impression. As a result, tonight’s game is crucial.

When I say crucial, obviously I do not mean that they are in danger of being knocked out of the race or that today’s game in any way, shape or form is a most win game. Still, I think it will give us an early indication of what this team is made of. The won five straight and tonight they are in Chicago, playing the Cubbies.

Will tonight be a second loss in a row and possibly an indication of a losing streak or will they win and show they are ready to start another winning streak? It should be John Maine against Carlos Zambrano and I actually see this game going either way. Hopefully it will break in the Mets Favor.

Let’s Go Mets!

No comments: