Sunday, June 8, 2008

Ryan Church

My latest question is, why isn’t Ryan Church on the disabled list? He has missed three games in a row and will be sitting out today. He has missed something like nine of the last 18 games yet he remains on the team roster.

I, like many Met fans, have come to appreciate Ryan Church and recognize the talents he brings and the energy with which he plays the game. All the more reason to put him on the DL. The man is experiencing new and different symptoms. Put him on the DL, let him head back to New York and lets get the problem diagnosed.

By doing this it would allow the Mets to have another bat available but more importantly it would allow Church to recover. Ryan appears to be a gamer and plays on one speed. All the more reason to have him checked out.

I suppose this could be psychological (ALTHOUGH I DON’T THINK SO) and if that is the case then it gives him a chance to get right. I would think, however, this is VERY REAL. So, at the very least you give him some time away to get some rest. Hopefully you find out what is wrong with him and you treat it. I would not be surprised if the treatment for a concussion is rest. Whatever it is, first and foremost for Church’s benefit let’s get him taken care of.

I do hope to see Ryan back in the lineup soon, playing like he has been. That is the Met fan in me. The humanitarian in me says, “Ryan, for your sake, I hope you feel better soon”.

No comments: