Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Anticipating The Series With Philadelphia

The Mets open up a series with the Philadelphia Phillies today and I am looking for big things from Johan Santana. Santana had a terrible start his last time out. He needs to be looking to redeem himself. More than that, this is the type of game the Mets got him for, the reason they paid so much money for him.

I realize that it is not down to the wire but we are 100 games into the season and the Mets are in a pennant run. They handle the Phills well in the last series in Philadelphia. Now, the two teams are even. It is time for the Mets to make a statement and to play big.

The series is at Shea. Johan is on the mound. It seems like things should favor the Mets. Being a Met fan, I am still a little apprehensive because I have seen them waste opportunities over the year. Still, in the words of Tug McGraw, “You Gotta Believe”.

Right now, I believe!

Let’s Go Mets!

No comments: