Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Sweep!

I was not even aware that the Mets were playing a day game today. When I got home from the office, I sat down at my computer and noticed that my tracker which lists the ball scores indicated the Mets won 7-3. The team is on a roll and I am thrilled.

The Mets have now won six games in a row, their longest winning streak since a seven game streak in August of 2006. In other words, they have not been on such a roll for almost two years. Some might argue that three of the games were against the weak Giants. Still, the Mets have not handled the last place teams, the weak teams well. So the fact they swept the Giants is encouraging.

Of course, not only did the Mets sweep the Giants, the streak started by winning the last three of a four game set against the first place Philadelphia Phillies. Beating up on last place teams and handling the first place teams certainly sounds like a good formula to me.

It sounds like John Maine did not have it in this game but the hitters and the pen picked him up and for the third straight game, the Giants only got three hits off the Mets. Right now everything is clicking and I hope it stays that way.

Let’s Go Mets!

No comments: