Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Losing The House

Yesterday’s lose, as far as I am concerned, was devastating. In the middle of a pennant race, playing the team you need to beat, having taken nine of 14 games already played and jumping out to a 7-0 lead, you have to win that game. The Mets didn’t. Even before the game was over (and I went to sleep before the Phillies scored the winning run), I was saying to myself that this was a game they did not deserve to win.

Pedro Martinez let five runs score and the bullpen, once again, could not hold the lead. In fairness, the pen has been much better of late but I still would not bet the house if I were a gambling man and the Mets had the lead. The have let too many get away and they need to stop it.

The truth is, as I was thinking about this, it occurred to me all the debt that people incur over a lifetime. Between the house, car, loans and other expenses, we often end up owing a lot of money. This actually shows the importance of final expense insurance. This is a way to make sure that a family is not burdened by someone else’s debts after that person passes away. If a person passes away and has a lot of debts, they will be covered without obligation to the family. Certainly it is important to take the proper precautions.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This loss smells like the lead we blew last year the last two weeks of the season. If we lose by a game or two this year this game will be the one we look at and shake our heads. Pitiful, just pitiful.

Texmet out