Friday, August 8, 2008

Working At The Ballpark

Have you ever had the opportunity to work at a baseball stadium? Years ago, when Dwight Gooden was first starting out, I was looking to make some extra money. Since fans were coming out in droves to watch this sensation pitch, they needed more vendors at Shea Stadium on the days Doc was pitching.

I actually came across this job in the newspaper. I wonder how many stadiums advertise in the newspaper. For instance, if they are hiring in Minnesota, would the Twins advertise such a position in the newspaper? I would imagine that, considering the Twins ability to develop young talent, working there might be exciting. I can, however, tell you from firsthand experience, it is hard to do the job and watch the game, or follow what is going on. So perhaps, Twins baseball fans would be better off looking for other Minnesota jobs
.

Newspapers still are an effective way of finding jobs and certainly the Star Tribune in Minnesota can help for those involved in a Minnesota job search .

If you are looking for a job, regardless of where you live, regardless of the type of job for which you are looking, I wish you the best of luck.

No comments: