Monday, August 18, 2008

Six In A Row

The Mets are doing what they are supposed to be doing—beating up worse teams. It was great to see the Mets sweep the Nationals but then they went to Pittsburgh. I had my concerns following a home game last Monday, where the Mets let six runs score in the last three innings to lose the game, that the Mets were in for trouble.

Fortunately, the Monday game was not a sign of things to come. The Mets took the first three games from the Pirates and they now have a six game winning streak. Initially I thought the Mets had swept two series in a row but, apparently the Mets have a four game set in Pittsburgh. Still, they are set to sweep and even if they don’t assuming they don’t get embarrassed, they will be looking good.

What is nice is to see the Mets in first place, and right now with a two game lead. I would like to see the Mets continue to increase the margin now so when things get tighter later in the summer, the Mets will be in good shape. That is what I would like to see. I am not sure what I will see but I can certainly hope.

No comments: