Monday, August 4, 2008

A Lousy Road Trip

What a difference a week makes. I have been involved with the daily struggles of life, watching the health of some family members deteriorate, so I have not been able to keep up with my posting of late. Still, I have been checking the box scores.

The Mets just had a terrible road trip, losing five of six games. Unfortunately, this is what I feared would happen shortly after they went on that tear, the ten game winning streak. They have been knocked out of first place and, of late, have not looked like the team the strong team they were a week ago, when I truly thought they had turned the page. Now, in third place, I am no longer so sure.

I hope that they will right themselves and start playing like a winning team again. Right now all I can do is hope. On the other side, when watching people deal with health issues, it does remind you of what is important and that, regardless of what happens with the Mets, it is only a game.

Let’s Go Mets!

No comments: