Friday, August 22, 2008

Simply Amazing!

Amazing!

That is about the only thing I can think of to describe yesterday’s victory. The fact that Pedro Martinez pitched into the eighth inning was surprising, gratifying, was simply amazing. The fact that Luis Ayala has now shown himself to be effective in his two opportunities, both of them potentially game changing situations, was a breath of fresh air, a relief, simply amazing. I still am not convinced Ayala is the real deal but right now I will gladly take what he is giving us.

There were other things that were amazing. The fact that Carlos Delgado went five for five was amazing. This was a man whom we all thought was washed up, finished, a few months ago (at least I did) and his resurgence has been important to the Mets. I don’t know that I look to keep him around next year but right now, I will gladly take what he is giving us. By the way, the fact that they ruled that last hit of his, the one in the ninth inning that won the game for the Mets, a hit, was also amazing.

It was enjoyable to see the Mets sweep the Braves. It was enjoyable to see the Mets beat up on the weaker teams, something they have not always done this year, it was enjoyable to see the Mets open up a two and a half game lead on the Phillies. Right now, it is just fun being a Met fan and I am enjoying it!

Let’s Go Mets!

No comments: