Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Good Or Lucky

It is amazing. The public is gearing up for the Super Bowl. There are all sorts of questions about Tom Brady’s Leg. Is it better to be good or lucky? Will luck play a part in the Super Bowl?

I am looking forward to the game and hope it is a good one. Still the majority of my “sports time” is still spent following the Mets. Still no deal on Santana. Still no trades by the Mets. Yes, the Mets did make an important move signing Endy Chavez to a contract as he is a very talented ballplayer.

I know this is a football country. Baseball no longer is the sport that interests the majority of sports fans in this country. I am in the minority. I wish I could find that I was not so heavily addicted to checking the last moves by the Mets, hoping that they have picked up that pitcher we need so desperately, or getting another bat.

Unfortunately, so far it has just been hope on my end. Each time I check I see that the Mets still have the same team in tact. Yes, I know that Omar Minaya has made some moves, but for the most part, the team is the same team as it was last year, and probably a little weaker.

Perhaps it is better to be good than lucky!

No comments: