Friday, January 4, 2008

Shopping For The Sports Fan

This past holiday season, I was looking to buy some Mets gear for some fellow fans. I went to the store and picked up the jackets and shirts I wanted, complete with the Mets logo. I then handed the cashier a credit card, only she was not aware it was a

Let me explain. I have one of those odd shaped credit cards.
that fits on a keychain. It may not be full size but it has the magnetic strip on the back and it works. If I am using a machine where I can swipe the card myself, I do. Sometimes, however, I need to hand the card to the cashier. When this happens, I just hand them the card, with the rest of the keys on my chain.

Most of the time the other individual is able to figure it out, even if s/he has never worked with such a credit card before. This particular instance, the cashier did not get it.

“How are you paying,” she asked.

“With a credit card,” I replied and I just stood there since I had already given her the card.

“Can I have the credit card,” she asked.

“You already do,” came my reply.

It still took her awhile before realizing what I had given her was the card, but eventually, she figured it out.

Fortunately, nowadays, you can do almost all of your shopping on line and not have to worry about such situations occurring. As much as I like people, sometimes shopping on-line and also being able to compare loans (who is sponsoring this post), can make things much easier.

So sports fans, you can still get that person the sports related present you want and avoid all the hassle as well.

No comments: