Wednesday, September 24, 2008

High Pitch Count

I’ve got a really tight schedule today so I am keeping this really short. I simply want to say how thrilled I was to see the Mets win yesterday. In addition, it was nice to see Johan Santana throw more pitches than he has before; never in his career had he thrown as many pitches as he did last night.

I like the fact that Jerry Manuel was willing to do it and I liked the fact that Santana did it and did not complain. Certainly I hope that it does not have any damaging effects on Johan’s career. I certainly do not think it will and it may make him an even more durable and valuable pitcher. Still, there is the little bit of concern but I was thrilled he want as deep as he did.

Hopefully they can win another one today!

Let’s Go Mets!

No comments: