Sunday, September 21, 2008

Leap Frog

The Mets are in first place, they are out of first place, in, out… This is the way things seem to be going. I realize that the Mets have never done particularly well at Turner Field but you would like to think in the heat of a pennant race, they could kick it up a notch. Wrong!

The Phillies seem to find a way to win ballgames. They played a pesky Marlins team, a team that is fighting to keep its playoff hopes alive and they could find a way to win. I hate to say it but that seems to be the difference between the Mets and Phillies right now. Fortunately the Brewers lost as they too don’t seem to want to clinch a playoff berth and are doing whatever they can to avoid making it to the pennant.

With the erratic play of the Mets, the awful play of the Brewers, the strong play of the Phillies and the pesky play of the Marlins, I do not think it is entirely out of the realm of possibility to see the Phillies take the division with the Marlins winning the wildcard. That is clearly NOT what I want to happen but I do think it is conceivable.

Hopefully they can win today and take two out of three from the Braves but I do have my concerns.

Let’s Go Mets!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a load of garbage the nation was subjected to yesterday with that all day ESPN tribute to Yankee Stadium. It makes me sick. I popped in my '86 Mets VHS tape to settle down.

Texmet out

The Adjunct Professor said...

Smart move. I stayed away from ESPN and found I was much more relaxed. Then I watched the Met game and got frustrated all over again.