Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Knock Out Blow

I am still without a computer and without cable television. I am still frustrated that I need to rely just on the newspaper to follow the Mets. I am, however, thrilled with what I am reading. The Mets have now won four in a row and nine of their last 10. While they still have a better road record (I believe they are the only first place team with a better road record), they are starting to play better at home.

What has me most excited is the way we are handling the Braves. For years the shoe was on the other foot. We would go into Atlanta with a chance to get back in the race and usually get swept, or get pushed further out of contention. A week or two later, the three game set would be at Shea and this time the Braves would deliver the knock out blow.

This time we swept the Braves in Atlanta. I am sure the Braves came to Shea with revenge on their minds. I am sure the Atlanta fans were looking forward to this three game set. It is still possible that we lose two of three to the Braves, but by winning the first game of the set, it may very well have finished any hopes that Atlanta had of getting into the post season. Still, I am greedy. I want us to at least take two of three to win the series and a sweep would be real nice.

Let’s Go Mets!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They got crushed by Atlanta 13-5 last night!

ALL IS LOST!!! AAAALLLL ISSSSS LLLLLOOOOOSSSSTTTT!!!!

Why must the fates smite me so?!? WWWWHHHHHYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?