Saturday, September 1, 2007

SO WHAT!

So the Mets won a game yesterday, they beat the Atlanta Braves. Excuse me but BFD. So what? This does not change anything. They looked pitiful in Philadelphia and instead of putting distance between them and the rest of the NL East, instead of slamming the doors, they allowed the race to be re-opened.

Yes, it is true that in order to start a roll, you have to begin somewhere. Yes the Mets did beat the Braves. Still, it is only one game. Still, the Mets MO this season has been to take the first of a three game set against the Braves and drop the next two.

I am just so disgusting with the Mets play, it will take more than a one game win against the Braves, even if it was a good win, to fix my mood. The Mets need to open some distance, increase the ground they have over the Phills and the Braves. Hopefully they will be able to do that but I still have my doubts.


I still route for this team. My heart is still with this team. Still, a large portion of me hopes that when the Mets get back to Shea, the fans come out just to boo them and show their disappointment. This team is so much better than the way they have been playing all season, but they have never really woken up.

Maybe Pedro will be able to start on Monday and it will give them that lift, that drive and determination that they have seemed to lack all year. Let’s hope!

Let’s Go Mets!

No comments: