Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Missed Game (Luckily)

I think it was quite serendipitous that I missed this afternoon’s Met game. I thought it was a night game. As I was getting set to put my son to bed, I flipped on the television in the bedroom so I could head in and watch the Met game after he was down for the night. I did not find the game, because, in fact, that had an afternoon game.

A check on the computer showed that once again they lost to the Philadelphia Phillies, this time 10 to 6. I do not understand this. I realize the Mets are not the dominating force that they were last year. I accept the fact that the Phills are a good team and are certain capable of winning a game from the Mets. But, I truly believe the Mets are a better team. For some reason, we just can’t find a way to beat them. If I have my facts right, the Phillies have now beaten the Mets the last eight times they have played. The last eight? That’s absurd, that even more devastating than the way the Atlanta Braves have manhandled them in previous years.

We can now put the Phills behind us and focus on other teams. I will be very surprised if the Mets do not win the division. Still, I hope the Phillies are not the wildcard team. I realize that things can change when it comes to post season, but I would be so much more comfortable facing a team from the West, or what would be really nice (but won’t happen) is for the Mets to face two teams from the Central. It is time for the boys to crank it up a notch and put this thing on ice.

Let’s Go Mets.

No comments: