Thursday, September 20, 2007

What? Again?

What? Again? What? Again? What? Again? What? Again? What? Again? What? Again? What? Again? What? Again?

I am getting too old for this nonsense. After finally stopping a five game skid and winning a game against the lowly Washington Nationals, we let one get away from us against the last place Florida Marlins.

Twice the Mets had a three run lead and twice they let the Marlins comeback. The second time they had the three run lead was heading into the bottom of the ninth inning. Was it too much to ask for, for the Mets to get three outs, three lousy, stupid outs, before allowing the Marlins to score three runs to tie? Apparently it was too much to ask for.

I do not know what is wrong with Billy Wagner and why he did not pitch the bottom of the ninth, but I really do not care. All we were asking someone to do was get three lousy outs. Wagner is not the only Met pitcher capable of doing that, although I am beginning to wonder.

Tomorrow Shawn Green is taking the game off because of the Jewish Holiday of Yom Kippur. I am following his lead. I am taking tomorrow night off from the Mets. They are just going to have to find a way to lose without me. Right now they seem quite capable of doing that.

So, I leave you with my opening words…
What? Again? What? Again? What? Again? What? Again? What? Again? What? Again? What? Again? What? Again?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Astounding collapse!