Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Loss I Can Deal With

So the Mets lost a game yesterday. So they looked bad in the process. So the Braves beat them. You know what? I am not feeling bad about this (maybe it is helpful that I still don’t have cable to watch).

The Mets had their magic number reduced by one because the Phillies lost. The Mets still have handled the Braves down the stretch this season. The Mets at this point can actually lose today, be swept by the Phillies at Shea over the weekend and they still will be in first. That is actually a nice thought.

Now, just because I said they CAN do that and still be in first, does not mean that I want them to do that. They BETTER not lose the next four games. It would be nice if we take two of three from the Braves and if we took at least two of three from the Phillies. Even if they go 500 with those two teams, I will be okay. I really hope that they do at least that, otherwise you will probably hear me scream loudly and you will definitely read me bitch about the performance. I am convinced, however, I will not need to do that.

Let’s Go Mets!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They got crushed by Atlanta 13-5 last night!

ALL IS LOST!!! AAAALLLL ISSSSS LLLLLOOOOOSSSSTTTT!!!!

Why must the fates smite me so?!? WWWWHHHHHYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!?