Monday, September 10, 2007

Return To An Earlier Time

This past weekend felt like a throwback to a previous time. It had nothing to do with the score of the Met games or how they were played, however. We moved this past weekend and right now I do not have cable set up at the new place, nor do I have internet access. This made it very difficult to follow Met games.

When I woke up today, I actually had no idea what had happened to the Mets yesterday. I had to actually look at the paper to find out. Since I am no longer living in the metropolitan area, I only got a brief blurb about the game. This is the way it used to be years ago. At times, even living in the metropolitan area, I had to consult the paper. The first time I moved away and could not get full details of Met games, it was difficult. It was difficult again this weekend, although having been through it before I did adjust.

It was great to see Pedro pitched again and got the win. It was great to learn the Mets swept the Astros and I believe even picked up an additional game lead over the Phillies since they ONLY won two of there three game set this weekend.

I will still be without television and cable for a few days. That a story for another time. So, I will continue to monitor there success via the newspaper (and if I can sneak it in, occasionally my work computer).

Lets Go Mets!

No comments: