Saturday, February 23, 2008

Atmosphere



Have you ever noticed where you watch a baseball game from can affect your attitude and opinion? I’m not talking about watching from a bar or at the stadium; I’m talking about where in your house you are watching from.

Sometimes I like to relax on a comfortable sofa watching the game. Other times I liked to stretch out on the bed and watch the game. Of course sometimes it does not help. I remember watching game six of the series between the Mets and Braves in 1999. The Mets were down three nothing, took the next two and had a lead in the bottom of the eighth inning against the Braves in game six. I tried watching from the bed but ended up pacing the room until the game was over. (For those of you who don’t remember, the Mets lost that game when Kenny Rogers walked in the winning run in the 11th).

I don’t think it would have mattered what type of furniture I was on for that game; a bed, a sectional sofa, or a reclining chair, I would not have been able to relax and I would not have been able to stay seated. Still, most of the time, the surroundings and the furniture can truly make a difference as to how enjoyable the game is.

No comments: