Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Skateboarding

Teaching public speaking classes, I hear all sorts of speeches on all sorts of topics. One type of speech that students have to give is a demonstration speech, a speech where they actually take us through a process and show us how to do something.

One student did a speech about skateboards . I found this very interesting. I had always thought of this as a ‘Sport’ for show. What I learned is it can be a great form of exercise. Perhaps it is time for it to become the new way for baseball players to keep themselves in shape during the offseason, although I would guess ownership and team management would not be big on this idea.

I was fascinated to learn that people can customize and build their own skateboards. Looking at skateboard complete is very interesting. So, when the weather turns nicer and you are looking for something to do, how about skateboarding (before the Mets take the field).

No comments: