Friday, July 6, 2007

Appreciating The Other Teams

Well, it is good to see the Mets snap their four game losing streak. I hope they now put a winning streak together. It is amazing how much more enjoyable a game is when your team is playing well. Part of this is obvious. When your team is going well, you have a better chance of seeing them win than lose, and winning is more enjoyable. There is another part as well, however.

With the Mets winning four to nothing, I saw the Astro right fielder, Luke Scott, make a nice play on a ball hit by the Mets. After the catch was made my reaction was, "nice catch". I think I even said that out loud despite the fact no one was watching with me. Had the Mets been losing, or had it been close, I might not have said that or felt that way. With them winning, it did not seem to bother me to see such a nice play made.

I have always tried to exhibit good sportsmanship as a fan. I do enjoy seeing well played games. Nice plays in the field are enjoyable to watch (especially when made by my team). When the team goes well, it is just so much easier to do that. I hope the Mets go on a tear now that takes them past the All-Star game and that I am able to enjoy the play of not only my team, but of others as a result.

As for tonight’s game, let us hope that Mike Pelfrey comes through and shows just what a talent he can be. It is time for him to end his losing streak and put it altogether. That would certainly give their pitching a boost, and as mentioned in a couple of previous posts, their pitching could certainly use a lift (beyond the one they got from John Maine yesterday).

No comments: