Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Good Win

Yesterday’s victory came close to what I had hoped for. For the most part, both the hitting and pitching came through.

John Maine pitched well. There were a couple of things I did not like about his performance, but overall it was good. I did not care for the fact that Maine gave up a first inning run. I also did not care for the fact that Maine let them tie the score after the Mets had taken a lead. Still, he only gave up two runs and looked strong.

The hitting also came through for the Mets. I liked seeing the Mets come right back after Maine gave up a first inning run and not only score a run of their own, but take the lead. I was pleased that when Maine gave up his second run, again in the bottom of that very inning, the hitting came back and gave him a lead.

It is always nice to see a Met pitcher hit a homerun, so I enjoyed watching Maine circle the bases. I also liked seeing Lastings Milledge hit his homerun and I liked his performance overall. The Mets were able to score early and often in this game.

I was a little disappointed in the two run homerun the Mota gave up. In the grand scheme of things it was no big deal. Still, an 8 to 2 victory has a nicer ring to it than an 8 to 4 victory.

Overall, however, everything came together for the Mets as I hoped it would. I understand that this is just a series against the Pirates but, certainly the Mets need to take the games they should be able to, and that does not always happen. They took the opener of the series, let’s hope they can keep it going.

No comments: