Sunday, July 29, 2007

Maine And Rain

Well, Maine and rain seemed to be the answer to the Mets’ woes today. I am glad the Mets won today. I am glad the Mets’ bats came alive. I am glad that Maine was on his game today and actually pitched a complete game, albeit cheap as it was shortened significantly by rain. Still, they won and all indications seemed to be good.

I would like to say that as a result of today’s win, I feel much better. I would like to say as a result of today’s win, it has helped me put the past couple of losses behind me. I would like to see that as a result of today’s win and the fact the Mets had a winning home stand, I am happy. I would like to say a lot of things. Unfortunately I cannot honestly say any of these things.

As I indicated yesterday, the fact is they should have been able to dominate these teams and they did not. They should have been able to win at least five of the seven games, possibly six and maybe even all seven. Instead, not only did they go four and three but they did not look particularly good doing it. They did not get the timely hit, their pitching let in too many runs and keep giving leads back to these awful teams, and the Mets just looked flat.

It is going to be a whole lot tougher to get going against the Brewers and Cubs. Of course it can be done and hopefully, it will be done!

Let’s go Mets.

No comments: