Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Fun Game!

Finally we got a game where everything seemed to be working. The Mets had strong hitting. They got to Brad Penny early and often. It was good to see the way they were able to handle, to pound, a capable starter.

The Mets had strong pitching. What game by John Maine. He was sharp, he was on and he was a pleasure to watch. It would be great to see him come up this big on a regular basis. I am not sure if that is possible but regardless, yesterday he had a great game.

It was not just hitting and pitching yesterday, however. The Mets played some defense as well. Watching Angel Pagan was fun. So, this was perhaps the best game this year, so far, in the sense that everything worked for them.

It is an off day today. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not. Hopefully they will be able to take the momentum from yesterday’s win and bring it into the weekend series.

I still would have preferred a 4-2 road trip (or better) but I guess I can live with a 3-3 trip (as if I had a choice).

Let’s Go Mets!

No comments: