Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Superstition

As we all know baseball players are very superstitious. And, as indicated in the movie Bull Durham, if a player believes a certain superstition will help him play better, it will. What about the fans, though? Do you as a fan have a superstition? Is it important that we do things in a certain manner?

When the Mets were at their best a couple of years ago, I played poker every other week. It was a friendly, nickel, dime, quarter game. There was no need to have a poker calculator, we just played for fun. That friendly game came to an end and I never realized it before but after the game ended, the Mets stopped winning as much as they had been.

Now, one of the poker players who moved away is coming back to visit the area and we will be having a game. I am excited. I am excited to see my friend, to play poker and to see if maybe getting back to playing, even if it is for just one night, will positively effect the Mets. And maybe I’ll even bring my poker odds calculator.

Lets Go Mets!

No comments: